About Rebound Arthritis Relief Herbal Blend
No diets are specifically designed for the pet with osteoarthritis per se, however, what we have observed is that many pets with arthritis are also overweight. Since increased weight load on the joints significantly contributes to pain and worsening of the inflammation and destruction of the joint cartilage, it is important that overweight pets be placed on medically supervised weight-reduction diets. Ideally, pets with arthritis can be kept slightly thin or under-weight, to minimise stress on the joints.
If your fur kid is overweight, and also suffering from arthritis, then your first action would be to arrest the obesity. Realise that obesity does not occur overnight, and neither will it go away overnight. While a very small subset of pets truly cannot lose weight, most pets will reach an acceptable weight within 6 to 12 months of starting an obesity diet coupled with an approved exercise program.
Prior to starting a weight-reduction diet and exercise regiment, it is important that your pet receive a blood profile to rule our other diseases or conditions (for example, thyroid problems and diabetes). Presence of these diseases would require treatment in addition to dietary therapy.
The Honeyvale Rebound Arthritis Relief is used to relieve inflammation and pain in joints and to improve circulation using 100% natural herbal blend. All in all, Rebound conveniently provides a completely holistic approach to the herbal and nutritional treatment and prevention of canine arthritis. It is safe to feed to dogs over the age of 6 weeks at recommended dosages. However, please note that Rebound is NOT recommended for pregnant bitches, as some of the herbal ingredients may have uterine stimulant properties! It is recommended that these herbs be withheld from use on pregnant animals until further studies are conducted to provide more conclusive information in this regard.
Contains: Devil’s claw, Deep Sea Kelp, Meadowsweet, Gingko leaf, Gotu Kola, MSM, Turmeric and Glucosamine Sulphate, all recognised natural treatments for canine & feline arthritis.
Rebound contains a blend of herbs and nature-identical substances that complement each other to promote the relief and healing of canine arthritic conditions.
- It contains MSM (methylsulphanolmethane), which is a natural substance that provides significant anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It is also an excellent source of dietary sulphur, which is a mineral that is directly involved in the integrity of cartilage and joint fluid. MSM has also been found to enhance blood circulation.
- Glucosamine Sulphate provides the basic building block of cartilage, and helps to maintain joint fluid. Regular supplementation of Glucosamine has proven in studies to increase joint flexibility and mobility, and to effectively reduce pain levels.
- Turmeric a rich source of curcumin and other powerful antioxidants, this golden root is highly anti-inflammatory and full of tissue protective anti-oxidants.
- Devil’s claw is a low-growing plant that is native to Southern Africa. The root is used medicinally as a natural anti-inflammatory and analgesic, and its effectiveness has been found to be comparable with that of cortisone and phenylbutazone, but without the unpleasant side effects! It is also an appetite stimulant.
- Deep Sea Kelp has been included in the blend because of its ability to cleanse the blood. It is also anti-rheumatic, and contains a wide variety of minerals, vitamins and amino acids. Kelp helps to provide a natural wealth of bio-available nutrients that may be lacking in the limited nutritional variety of commercial dog foods. Honeyvale Herbs’ Deep Sea Kelp has been harvested from the clean waters of the Atlantic Ocean just off the West Coast of South Africa!
- Meadowsweet is also anti-inflammatory, being a natural source of aspirin, but has the added benefit of not irritating the gastric lining in any way. In fact, it is so healing on the gastric system that it is regarded as a specific for gastric ulcers! Meadowsweet is THE “herbal aspirin”, only so much better, as it is also a natural antacid!
- Gingko has a profound effect on the circulatory system. Gingko dilates blood vessels and has an anticoagulant effect on the blood. By improving circulation, it helps to ensure that the extremities receive an increased blood supply, which will help to regularly supply the joints with necessary nutrients, as well as carrying away any fluid build-up in the area, thus further helping to prevent any stiffness in the joints.
- Gotu kola is a specific for arthritis, and also helps to support the circulatory system. It is anti-inflammatory as well as a mild diuretic. It has been used to promote healing and reconstruction of connective tissue in the joints.
Start by switching your fur kid to natural raw cuisine. Once your fur kids transitioned to raw, typically between 4 and 6 weeks, introduce the Honeyvale Rebound Arthritis Relief Support into the diet.
These can be used in conjunction with conventional therapies. The natural treatments are widely used with variable success but have not been thoroughly investigated and proven at this time.
As with any condition, the most healthful natural diet will improve the pet’s overall health.
If you are feeding herbs for healing or calming purposes then it is most effective to feed the herbs on a daily basis throughout one full blood cycle, which is 3 months (12 weeks). The condition should be vastly improved over this time to the point where further supplementation should no longer be necessary.
Please ensure that you are familiar with our medical disclaimer. We provide these herbal solutions for your convenience only, and because we know they work for the conditions that these solutions have been formulated for.
Herbs as a rule should not be fed to pregnant animals, as many of them have uterine or hormonal stimulant properties. Before feeding a herb to a broodmare or foal, please consult with a vet or holistic animal practitioner to substantiate safety of a specific herb. The information provided by us on this site is intended solely for animals older than six months of age.