Friends of the Dog Separation Anxiety Spray (50ml)
If your dog is following you around all the time, does not cope well when you go out, or has separation anxiety, please get help as soon as you can. This behaviour will not get better, it will get worse! The dog is not punishing you, it is really stressing when its owner is not around. The Avalon Pure Separation Anxiety spray will go a long way to reducing the stress the dog is feeling. Here are some of the behaviours your dog may be exhibiting:
- Does not want to let you out of its site;
- Gets terribly worried as you prepare to go out;
- Performs behaviour it would not normally do when you are out, such as destructive behaviour, inappropriate elimination, digging, howling, barking, refuses to eat when you are out;
- Scratching at doors and windows;
- Howling and whining
It is often advisable to call for the help of a professional and you will find a canine behaviour professional at www.animal-behaviour.org.za. Read our blog post on Behaviour Modification versus Training.
When you receive your spray, it will be in a dark coloured bottle with a sealed top. To use, open the top, remove the stopper and insert the spray attachment. Keep the bottle out of the sunlight and should you not be using for a period of time - then replace the sealed cap to avoid evaporation.
There are two methods to apply:
- Spray onto your own hands and then stroke over your dogs face, avoiding the eyes. This will allow the spray to be efficiently absorbed by the olfactory system. The highly volatile molecules are absorbed through the mucous membranes of the nose, eyes and mouth from where they are dispersed. The anxiolytic (anxiety-reducing) effects of numerous organic extracts are well-documented and are now being explored to a far greater degree.
- You can spray above the dog’s head and allow the mist to drift down onto the dogs face.
spray is totally natural and safe, even around children and pregnant
ladies. It is best not to spray directly onto the dog's coat, especially
if your dog is one of the albino breeds where skin can be more
Composition per 50ml
- 99.6% purified ionised water
- 0.3% alcohol
- 0.1% herbal tincture of Black Cohosh; Club Moss; Mistletoe; Passion Flower; Yellow Jasmine.
In terms of Act 36/1947, the product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
PLEASE NOTE that herbal and other natural products can harm your animals – not all plants are safe and gentle! Do not attempt using any of the ingredients listed, or any other plant matter, without the guidance of a qualified herbalist.
Separation Anxiety Spray (50ml)
- Brand: Friends of the Dog
- Product Code: FS-AP-SEPANX-01
- Availability: 2
- Ex Tax: R140.87