Friends of the Dog Extreme Anxiety Spray (50ml)
Dogs are very like us in that they have a variety of strategies to help them cope and a normal nervous system to help them do this. This allows us human and dogs to cope with the daily stresses (and occasional larger stress situations!) and just like humans we all deal with, and cope with stress in different manners. However, there are some dogs which are just not designed to deal with daily stresses. These dogs may have a history of rescue or stress, have a very nervous disposition – this is where the stress can become excessive and even chronic, and this is where the Avalon Pure for Dogs Excessive Anxiety Spray can assist.
We all know that excessive and chronic stress is hard on the entire body and not a healthy situation to have. It can lead to depression, decrease cognitive function, impact on the immune system and increase the risk of illness from viruses and bacteria. Wounds can take longer to heal and the dog is more prone to allergies and tummy problems. Excessive or chronic stress is not something to be sneezed at – it is serious and needs to be addressed.
Also excessive or chronic stress will not disappear by itself and in many situation it actually becomes worse and the dog seems to start to stress at more and more things and is constantly on edge – in short these dogs need help.
This would cover all extreme reactions including and not limited to:-
- excessive or chronic stress in general
- extreme reaction to people
- extreme reaction to other dogs
- extreme reaction to any other animals
- extreme reaction to collar / lead
- extreme reaction to being groomed or going to parlour
- extreme reaction of going to vet
- extreme reaction to new locations
- extreme reaction to new situation.
With dogs with excessive or chronic stress the spray should be used twice a day and in any situation where the dog feels especially stressed. As the sprays are cumulative, the more often you use the better.
It is often advisable to call for the help of a professional and you will find a canine behaviour professional at www.animal-behaviour.org.za. Read our blog post on Behaviour Modification versus Training.
When you receive your spray, it will be in a dark coloured bottle with a sealed top. To use, open the top, remove the stopper and insert the spray attachment. Keep the bottle out of the sunlight and should you not be using for a period of time - then replace the sealed cap to avoid evaporation.
There are two methods to apply:
- Spray onto your own hands and then stroke over your dogs face, avoiding the eyes. This will allow the spray to be efficiently absorbed by the olfactory system. The highly volatile molecules are absorbed through the mucous membranes of the nose, eyes and mouth from where they are dispersed. The anxiolytic (anxiety-reducing) effects of numerous organic extracts are well-documented and are now being explored to a far greater degree.
- You can spray above the dog’s head and allow the mist to drift down onto the dogs face.
- With excessive or chronic stress it is a good idea to spray where the dog sleeps as well.
The spray is totally natural and safe, even around children and pregnant ladies. It is best not to spray directly onto the dog's coat, especially if your dog is one of the albino breeds where skin can be more sensitive.
Composition per 50ml
- 99.6% purified ionised water
- 0.3% alcohol
- 0.1% herbal tincture of Larkspur; Chamomile; Scullcap; Wolf's Bane; Yellow Jasmine.
In terms of Act 36/1947, the product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Extreme Anxiety Spray (50ml)
- Brand: Friends of the Dog
- Product Code: FS-AP-EXTRANX-01
- Availability: 2
- Ex Tax: R140.87