Friends of the Dog General Anxiety Spray (50ml)
A herbal tincture to manage general anxiety in mutts, pups and nobles from Friends of the Dog!
We often do not realize how much our own emotions and the events happening in our lives can affect our dogs, often very profoundly. Prevention is always better than cure, and a few sprays can greatly help your dog to relax.
Some examples where the Avalon Pure General Anxiety Spray would be helpful:
- Changes in the household such as visitors, illness, owner being away from home, building alterations etc.
- A trip to the Grooming Parlour or Vet.
- A new dog, cat or even a baby joining the family.
- For a dog that is often nervy and over excited when going to dog school or even for a ride in the car to go for a walk.
- In the event that you are going to have a lot of visitors over where the dog may feel stressed at the amount of people around.
- In a vet's reception or rooms
- In a grooming parlour
- While packing to move house and moving to a new home
- Any situation where your dog experiences mild anxiety
This spray can be used on a daily basis if you have a dog that tends to be a little nervy and as the sprays are cumulative, the more often you use the better.
It is often advisable to call for the help of a professional and you will find a canine behaviour professional at Animal Behaviour Org Website. Read our blog post on Behaviour Modification versus Training.
When you receive your spray, it will be in a dark coloured bottle with a sealed top. To use, open the top, remove the stopper and insert the spray attachment. Keep the bottle out of the sunlight and should you not be using for a period of time - then replace the sealed cap to avoid evaporation.
Alternatively if you have a dog that may be nervous of going to the vet, then spray in the morning, just before you go to the vet and you can even spray inside the car – you can even spray a day or two before the stressful event. If your dogs stress is excessive, then rather consider the Excessive Anxiety instead as this has been specially formulated for dogs with excessive stress
There are two methods to apply:
- Spray onto your own hands and then stroke over your dogs face, avoiding the eyes. This will allow the spray to be efficiently absorbed by the olfactory system. The highly volatile molecules are absorbed through the mucous membranes of the nose, eyes and mouth from where they are dispersed. The anxiolytic (anxiety-reducing) effects of numerous organic extracts are well-documented and are now being explored to a far greater degree.
- You can spray above the dog’s head and allow the mist to drift down onto the dogs face.
The spray is totally natural and safe, even around children and pregnant ladies. It is best not to spray directly onto the dog's coat, especially if your dog is one of the albino breeds where skin can be more sensitive.
Composition per 50ml
- 99.6% purified ionised water
- 0.3% alcohol
- 0.1% herbal tincture of Black Cohosh; Club Moss; Chamomile.
In terms of Act 36/1947, the product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
General Anxiety Spray (50ml) (FS)
- Brand: Friends of the Dog
- Product Code: FS-AP-GENANX-01
- Availability: 2-3 Days
- Ex Tax: R166.77