Friends of the Dog Grief Spray (50ml)
Just as we can grieve over the loss of a dog or a friend, so too can our dogs, and dogs going into full blown depression is not at all unusual. Just by praying twice a day for a few days can really help the dog to cope with the loss and lessen the grief.
- Mourning loss of companion
- Dog seems uninterested and some may even stop eating, or eat a lot less.
It is often advisable to call for the help of a professional and you will find a canine behaviour professional at www.animal-behaviour.org.za. Read our blog post on Behaviour Modification versus Training.
When you receive your spray, it will be in a dark coloured bottle with a sealed top. To use, open the top, remove the stopper and insert the spray attachment. Keep the bottle out of the sunlight and should you not be using for a period of time - then replace the sealed cap to avoid evaporation.
There are two methods to apply:
- Spray onto your own hands and then stroke over your dogs face, avoiding the eyes. This will allow the spray to be efficiently absorbed by the olfactory system. The highly volatile molecules are absorbed through the mucous membranes of the nose, eyes and mouth from where they are dispersed. The anxiolytic (anxiety-reducing) effects of numerous organic extracts are well-documented and are now being explored to a far greater degree.
- You can spray above the dog’s head and allow the mist to drift down onto the dogs face.
The spray is totally natural and safe, even around children and pregnant ladies. It is best not to spray directly onto the dog's coat, especially if your dog is one of the albino breeds where skin can be more sensitive.
Composition per 50ml
- 99.6% purified ionised water
- 0.3% alcohol
- 0.1% herbal tincture of Chamomile; Club Moss; Mistletoe; Oats; Passion Flower; Yellow Jasmine.
In terms of Act 36/1947, the product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Grief Spray (50ml)
- Brand: Friends of the Dog
- Product Code: FS-AP-GRIEF-01
- Availability: 2
- Ex Tax: R166.77